Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ooooo that smell!

Ever buy vintage clothing or bedding at an estate sale that smells super musty or old lady-ish? Or when you bought it, it DIDN'T smell but once it was wet in the wash it started to stink? That's happened to me more times than I can count. I used to try washing the item over and over with regular detergent which didn't really do anything except waste water and electricity. Then I found Febreze Laundry Odor Eliminator. (Do I sound like an info-mercial yet!?) Seriously, this stuff works. You can use it as detergent alone or add it to your regular detergent and it really takes the stink out of stuff after one wash. Over time it's gotten harder and harder to find in stores, but in the past I've bought it at Wal-Mart (although I normally don't support Wal-Mart, I've actually made a special trip to find this!) and once was lucky enough to find it at Walgreens. Whenever I have a bottle I use it sparingly since it's difficult to find, however, I just did a search on Febreze's site and they list K-Mart as the only retailer. I checked google and it seems some sites like Amazon are selling it if you don't have a K-Mart near you. I'm not sure why it's so tough to get but it's totally worth the hunt. Anyway, if you happen to find it, grab a bottle and see what lovely things it can do for your stinky vintage stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment