Thursday, August 5, 2010

A new purpose...

With the all the stuff that I aquire, it can prove difficult living in a house built in 1959 for "a minimalist lifestyle". I live in an Eichler and not only were they built without much storage, but the model I live in has even less than most! Needless to say, I have to come up with creative ways to store all the "treasures" I bring home. Usually though, I'm just trying to come up with a practical way to make everyday things work for our home. Our hall bathroom is pretty small and has no storage to speak of. I saw a photo of this idea online somewhere (I would love to give credit where credit is due for this fabulous solution, but alas, I can't remember where I came across it!) and knew it would be perfect for our bathroom. I'm sure you've seen those little 50's metal telephone stands at a swap meet or estate sale and thought "that's so cute but who needs a telephone stand anymore?!". Well, here's a great way to re-purpose one: a towel holder for your bathroom. I also use one that belonged to my grandparents in our living room as a plant stand. The one you see above I found in the bathroom (how fitting!) of an estate sale a couple weeks ago and Viola!-extra towel storage problem solved! Oh, and the top is not only the perfect size for an old telephone, but for a box of Kleenex as well...

2 comments: